Lucene coursesAs with Nutch courses, the material can be adjusted to individual needs of the audience. Participants are expected to have experience in Java application development.
Part I takes approximately 2-3 hours, Parts II and III, depending on the audience, may take 8-10 hours each.
- Part I: Introduction and Architecture
- This part presents the core concepts in Lucene, the high-level architecture and the flow of information
- Part II: Application Development and Integration
- This part discusses the use of Lucene API-s, recommended patterns, and integration with other applications.
- Part III: Customization
- This part presents various issues related to the use of Analyzers, stemming, filters, Similarity, and it also presents some of the "expert" Lucene API-s.